kdms 'New session feature' and artsd

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Wed Apr 2 22:08:24 BST 2003

On Wednesday 02 April 2003 21:33, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> If you don't need full duplex you can disable that and perhaps set your auto
> suspend timeout lower (10 or 5ms). This way artsd will release the audio
> device automatically when it's not producing sound.

I'll need duplex but last two tries failed get i810_audio/oss working in duplex :(
I'll try your suggestion but when kids play tuxracer and I want to quickly check
for new mails your method fails ;)  When 'low suspend timeout' proves too bad
I'll submit a wishlist bugreport.  I'll hope the design of the audioio<subsys>
interface allows to implement a

	artscontrol discard on|off

;)

Thx,