Which Xine to require?

Ewald Snel ewald at rambo.its.tudelft.nl
Sun Sep 8 22:34:18 BST 2002

Hi Neil,

[...]

> > I'm not sure when xine 0.9.14 will be released, but I think it might be
> > after KDE 3.1 (final) is released. KDE-3.1 would require a CVS copy of
> > xine if we want to use the new API in that case.
>
> OK.  0.9.13 sounds fine then.  Do you want to fix the configure check
> accordingly, or should I?

I'm currently using xine 0.9.11 and it seems to be working fine. I will try
some other (older) versions of xine before changing the configure check.

[...]

> I've made a couple minor commits you might want to look at.  I changed
> KVideoWidget to prevent it from emitting an adaptSize when it isn't
> embedding a video.  I also changed xine_artsplug not to play() on
> loadMedia().

I think the height calculation of the video is not completely accurate in
NormalSize mode (Kaboodle). This produces thin black bars at the left and
right edge of the video widget.

> Now the only issues I have left are relatively minor:  I'd like
> KVideoWidget to disable its size and fullscreen KActions when not
> embedding a video, and I'd like the fullscreen widget to honor the
> accelerators for those KActions.

I really hope you can fix these accelerators. I have tried to fix this bug by
using QWidget::setFocusProxy(), but unfortunately that didn't work. :(

> Oh, happy days.  Hee hee hee...  I'm thinking I should get the Xine people
> to put up a screenshot of their code running in Kaboodle:
> http://www.freekde.org/neil/kaboodle/snapshot-1.6.png

Nice. :)

It would also be great to use the xine "mms://" capabilities. That would allow
streaming video (Windows Media) in Konqueror using the embedded video player.
The only problem is that the VideoPlayObject is only called with "file://"
URLs, other protocols are handled internally (somehow).

Is it possible to disable this and handle URLs by the xinePlayObject directly?

TIA.
bye,

ewald