artswrapper defanged

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Jul 12 13:55:51 BST 2002

On Friday 12 July 2002 14:47, Rob Kaper wrote:
> Well, playing 5-10 concurrent videos is already a piece of cake without any
> serious problems. Three was about the max of my K6-2/300, but my Tbird/900
> handles 5-10 easily. so 4 should be decent for 500Mhz computers (which is a
> reasonable minimum configuration anno 2002).

So it should completely take down older and slower hardware?!? Refuse to play
more than, say, 3 movies, ok. But take down the system? No way. My good old
Celeron 450 is too slow when compiling but furthermore still works
wonderfully well.

The point is not how well it performs. The point is whether it takes down the
whole system or not. If it doesn't unless you start 100 movies, that would be
awesome. But I think you can easily stress it too much with only a few movies
already. In that case refusing to play is better IMNSHO. Again, no numbers to
back it up though.
--
Martijn