Assertion fail in mcoputils

Patric v. Loewis of Menar vloewis at physik.uni-kl.de
Mon Dec 16 16:12:31 GMT 2002

Hi,
i've been trying to compile & install a new kdedesktop for about three weeks
now. There is one common problem i have with all versions from 3.0.5 to
3.1-rc(1-5):
On startup and every time i try to startup konqueror there a complaint
about a failing assertion c != '\n' in line 257 of mcoputils.cc function
tokenize.

So far i tried changing the compiler (gcc 3.2/3.2.1), reinstalled the
alsa drivers (0.9.0rc6), tried different kernels (2.4.4/19/20), and
everytime deleted /tmp/* and all kde related files inside my home dir
(.kde, .kde-rc, .mcoprc, etc.).

When disabling the assertion knotify pops up endles times.

I guess i must be missing something extremely trivial. I'd really
appreciate any hint as to what i'm doing wrong here.

Patric