My xine_artsplug crash is clearly caused by Xine

Ewald Snel ewald at rambo.its.tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 21 00:14:10 BST 2002

Hi Neil,

[...]

> This artsd crash is triggered when I File->Open a video in kaboodle, the
> very one that I had used successfully to test Kaboodle and xine_artsplug
> back in June.

I have committed patches to kdemultimedia CVS and xine CVS. The xine patch
fixes unresolved symbols in the video output plugins and the kdemultimedia
patch is for the updated xine video output plugin API.

These changes require the latest xine (CVS) for the xine aRts plugin. I'll try
to make it source compatible with older versions of xine, but binary
(runtime) compatibility will be very difficult.

bye,

ewald