My xine_artsplug crash is clearly caused by Xine

Ewald Snel ewald at rambo.its.tudelft.nl
Tue Aug 20 23:37:35 BST 2002

Hi Neil,

> Ewald: I tried to mail this to you directly, but your server is always
> rejecting the mail.

Sorry, I don't know how to fix that. :(

> I just backed up arts and xine_artsplug to a day I know it worked (June
> 10), and I get the same old artsd bt that I get with current HEAD.
> Attached is information from each thread of artsd.
>
> This artsd crash is triggered when I File->Open a video in kaboodle, the
> very one that I had used successfully to test Kaboodle and xine_artsplug
> back in June.
>
> Since you seem to know the Xine development processes, can you report this
> to the Xine people?

Okay, thanks.

It seems to crash in 'vo_new_instance' (libxine.so) now. There have been some
changes to the xine video output driver API, which might explain some of
these crashes. This is not easy to fix without breaking compatibility with
older version of xine.

> thanks,
>
> - --
> Neil Stevens - neil at qualityassistant.com