Build order problems in kdemultimedia

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Sat Aug 3 22:43:13 BST 2002

Hi,

I've just tried configuring and building kdemultimedia from a clean set
of sources, and come across some build order problems:

1. mpeglib_artsplugin tries to build before mpeglib, but needs mpeglib
to be built first.

2. krec requires arts/modules/artsmodule.h to build, but this is not yet
built.

To reproduce this, "make cvs-clean" in kdemultimedia, then configure and
build as normal. For me, the build fails for the above reasons.

Building mpeglib will solve #1, building arts/modules will solve #2.

building these two manually, then restarting the make at the top-level,
*appears* to let it all build okay.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy at athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."