Kontact Touch 4.8 Packages (conflict free installation)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Mar 5 12:04:41 UTC 2012

On Sunday 04 March 2012 20:39:06 David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 February 2012 10:21:31 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch 29 Februar 2012 09:47:00 schrieb David Faure:
> > > Alas, after rebooting, my N9 won't start anymore.
> >
> > Bah.
> >
> > > It says:
> > >
> > > Device not working properly.
> > > Try updating the device software with Nokia Software Updater
> > >
> > >  [how? I can't even boot it]
> > >
> > > Security problem (devicelockd) :
> > > /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1.0.2
> > >
> > > I googled and found https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-21955
> > > and http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state but I'm too clueless to
> > > know if this is actually related :-)
> >
> > I think Andre did something towards aegis.
> > The issue we've found was that if the main partition is full,
> > the device will have a issue. This is why the wiki pages strongly
> > warn to move the cache to MyDocs unless someone is absolutely sure
> > that it will fit in.
> >
> > Maybe it is other packages. Could it be a full partition? Did you move the
> > cache to MyDocs as indicated in the wiki?
>
> I guess I didn't. I followed the instructions given in the initial email in
> this thread :(
>
> However I'd be surprised if this was caused by a full partition. Everything
> worked fine for weeks, before I rebooted the phone (switched it off due to
> flying...)

Apparently I hadn't updated to PR1.2 (I thought I had) so I hit a firmware bug
that is reportedly fixed in PR1.2.

The good news (well, for me at least) is that my phone is working again, after
flashing a PR1.2 image, and I didn't lose my user data (n9 calendar and
contacts), phew.

Many thanks to "itsnotabigtruck" on IRC for his complete guide at
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693