Kontact Touch 4.8 Packages (conflict free installation)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Feb 23 15:59:05 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 22 February 2012 12:41:24 David Faure wrote:
> And... it works!

Well, it starts.

But when trying to create an account, double-click in the lineedit makes the
on screen keyboard pop up, but there's no way to make it disappear again.

And even if there was, the other lineedits would be under the on screen
keyboard too, so it's not possible to fill them in.

The way it works in the N9 builtin mail app is that it supports a portrait
orientation (kontact touch doesn't seem to), and it takes into account the on
screen keyboard to start scrolling earlier, i.e. widgets don't get under the
keyboard widget.

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like there's still a long way to go to
make kontact touch usable on touch devices like the N9...

I shouldn't have given my N950 to Kévin, this stuff only works with a physical
keyboard :-)