Kontact Touch 4.8 Packages (conflict free installation)

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Feb 21 20:33:34 UTC 2012

> I'm still not sure how to handle the situation with the buildservice, as I
> don't want / have the time to put up all our stuff in the OBS repo in a
> quality so that it's not only tailored for KDEPIM while ensuring that the
> rest of the software in the OBS can be installed on the phone and works with
> kdepim :(
> This is why I completly dropped all dependencies to the obs repo in the latest
> version of those packages.

Meanwhile I understand that you do not have time, and I do not find it
a good idea to have duplicated effort, especially about the KDE stack
which is a huge one. I could give a helping hand with integrating to a
certain kind, but it would be nice if we could somehow manage to work
together. It now seems there is the Kolab way, and then there is the
Community repository way. The goals are basically the same from KDE
point of view: get it work.

We do not have kdepim, akonadi and so on working. What are the biggest
issues for integration, which packages ? I would have packaged kdepim
along with the other packages I have made, but I have not personally
used that on my mobile yet (mostly because of time lack).

There are also ideas to merge our debian KDE stack with the Plasma
Active rpm stack, and go together in our way helping each other... Let
us see what will come up to the reality.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp