Kontact Touch running on Harmattan

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Oct 24 16:14:02 UTC 2011

Hi,
dependencies are now fixed i have renamed the packages and installed libgcrypt
and libgpg-error as another version.
You will not have localized error messages from libgpg-error since the locale
files would be in conflict but i guess thats not really a problem.

There is still a libgpg-error0 package in the rzr community repository though.
To avoid a conflicts coming from that repository i have pinned it down:
(following in /etc/apt/preferences)
	Explanation: Dont update platform packages
	Package: *
	Pin: origin repo.pub.meego.com
	Pin-Priority: 99

With regard to the dirmngr problem i could not get aegis to correctly work. It
always told me the files i've requested credentials in this form:
<request>
<credential name="CAP::chown"/>
<for path="/var/log/dirmngr.log"/>
</request>
but it always told me "Package dirmngr: <for> refers
to '/var/log/dirmngr.log', not installed by that package -- ignored "
Altough i explicitly install an empty file at that location (since touching is
also not allowed.)
After spending quite some time trying to figure out how to work with aegis
correctly I gave up and the dirmngr.log and cached crls are now
read/writeable by every user and not just group dirmgr. I think this is
acceptable on a typical "single user" device. (Good lesson how it works if
security is just to much of a hassle? It gets even more insecure because you
work around it ;-) )

Regards,
Andre

----