Kontact Touch running on Harmattan

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Oct 24 06:53:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Saturday 22 October 2011 10:40:49 David Faure wrote:
> > Then you can install Kontact-Touch by installing the "kdepim-mobile"
> > metapackage.
> > It is a bit problematic atm, Kontact Touch needs gnupg2 and since gnupg
> > was improved during the work on Kontact Touch i wanted to have a recent
> > version of gnupg but that depends on newer libraries of gcrypt and
> > gpg-error then nokia provides so you have to remove libgcrypt11 and
> > libgpg-error0 with dpkg --force-depends --remove to update them.
>
> Right, it wants to remove mp-harmattan-rm680-pr and a thousand of packages
> that go with it, I guess I don't want that.
> But your suggestion doesn't seem to fix it either.
>
> # dpkg --force-depends --remove libgcrypt11 libgpg-error0
> dpkg: libgpg-error0: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you
> requested:
>  libgcrypt11 depends on libgpg-error0 (>= 1.6-1).
>  mp-harmattan-rm680-pr depends on libgpg-error0 (= 1.6-1.1+0m6).
> (Reading database ... 41714 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing libgpg-error0 ...
> dpkg: libgcrypt11: dependency problems, but removing anyway as you
> requested: crda depends on libgcrypt11.
>  mp-harmattan-rm680-pr depends on libgcrypt11 (= 1.2.0-11.1osso5+0m6).
> Removing libgcrypt11 ...
> aegis uninstalling libgpg-error0
> aegis uninstalling libgcrypt11

Actually i did uninstall the mp-harmattan-rm680-pr but did not "autoremove"
all it depended upon. This is exactly the conflict that i had but still
wanted to share the packages already.

I will build a new libgcrypt and libgpg-error package and some of the packages
that depend on them. Since this together with the dirmngr problem where
laszlo provided a solution is currently the only thing blocking us from
having a "clean" installation without hacks.

> What should I do now?
Either uninstall the mp-harmattan-rm680-pr package (this will also leave you
with an unconfigured dirmngr package) or wait a bit until i have that
conflict resolved.

Regards,
Andre

--