New packages for N900?

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon May 30 11:31:08 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Montag, 30. Mai 2011 10:40:15 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> Am Sonntag, 29. Mai 2011 17:21:11 schrieb Volker Krause:
> >
> > Switching the autobuilder to master or at least 4.6 would be a good start
> > ;)
>
> Good suggestion! We have to clearly say that this is then a community
> version and that maintenance has slightly changed as opposed to the time we
> had much more bandwidth for it. Then I am all for "master".

When we switch the autobuilder [1] to master or 4.6 (which I personally would
prefer) we would also need to have new packaging rules and update the
dependencies.

I do not exactly know how far 4.6 has diverged from komo3 but i guess it is
not too much so with some help it should be possible to get new packages.
Still we would need a branch of new packaging rules.
I guess
branches/work/komo/packaging/maemo-4-6 would be the right place for this?

We could then switch the build machine to take its new rules from there and
get a better idea what's broken and everyone would be able to see it / fix it
to get new packages.

Regards,
Andre

[1]: