Kontact Touch on larger screens, flaps wider hack

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri May 6 09:03:16 CEST 2011

Am Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2011 15:44:40 schrieb Marco Martin:
> "real" tablets always have just a flat glass over the whole area (bigger
> than the screen), so is easy to hit the very edge of the screen.
> actually, swiping from outside the screen area is a quite common and
> convenient gesture.

I know, this is how it works on the N900 as well. There will be other
touchscreen devices though that have the frame.

> i would seriously not waste time to adapt an ui to the shortcomings
> specific of the ideapad, device that will really have zero value other than
> be a development machine.

Excuse me, I am really using my Ideapad! :)
Seriously I expect other devices having the same issue,
more pc-like monitors for instance and other dual-purpose devices.
The idepad is not the only one I've seen.
We should encourage people to make minor adjustments so we can find out what a
good layouts. For this we need people that work with the device and can
handle a text editor.

So we are looking at two touch profiles right now:
Capable of swiping in or not.

Sebastian, try modify that number to be lower and see if that helps you?

Cheers,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.