kontact touch akonadi data location on maemo

Divan Santana divan at s-tainment.co.za
Wed Mar 30 20:50:44 CEST 2011

On Monday 28 March 2011 10:35:29 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Samstag, 26. März 2011 18:37:51 schrieb Divan Santana:
> > Only problem is it seems to have filled up my /home and /opt 2G file
> > system.
> >
> > It seems the below directory is the problem using 800MB alone and I think
> > the sync is not even complete.
> > /home/user/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data
> >
> > Two questions
> > 1) Is the above normal?
>
> I depends on the size of your imap account of course,
> as this is a cache for it. So yes, it can be normal if you imap account
> is in the same size leaque.

Ok I changed my server side subscriptions to select folders and at least my
cache is down to 3 GB from 8 GB. :) Really kewl that one can do that.

> > 2) Can I move/mount /home/user/.local/share/akonadi on my 32 G "MyDocs"
> > vfat file system instead? Or will the vfat file system be a problem?
>
> I expect it to be no problem. So you could for sure try.

akonadictl start seems to always error out and fail on vfat (Sorry, I didn't
log the messages).

I repartitioned my phone as per
http://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash#Solution_.231:_swap_.2Fhome_and_MyDocs_partition
as now kontact touch works great. Initial sync did take reeeeaaallly long. :)

> > 3) http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch suggests I possibly disable
> > disconnected mode if the number of emails is high which is likely the
> > case.
>
> Yes, you'll find some discussion about size limits and possible tuning
> that we might try already, e.g. see
> http://lists.kde.org/?t=129466233300001&r=1&w=2

I quite like the set up I have now because I've got an offline copy of most of
my mail without and lots more reliable ext3 space.

Haven't managed to get my calendar working yet(am using kolab), didn't just
work.

I also notice duplicate contacts in kde contacts mobile, which don't display
duplicates in normal kontact and horde web interface. Also in the kde contacts
app, the info isn't clickable/touchable, ie dial a number, or simply email the
contact from the app isn't easy.

I'm sure this is all known info, as it's a still a work in progress, but
fantastic app so far and like the easy browsing of folders in kmail.

Greetings :)
--
Divan Santana