kontact touch akonadi data location on maemo

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 28 10:35:29 CEST 2011

Hi Divan,

Am Samstag, 26. März 2011 18:37:51 schrieb Divan Santana:
> I'm testing kontact touch again on Maemo n900. It's far improved since last
> I tried it and so far working great.

cool! Thanks for trying!

> Only problem is it seems to have filled up my /home and /opt 2G file
> system.
>
> It seems the below directory is the problem using 800MB alone and I think
> the sync is not even complete.
> /home/user/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data
>
> Two questions
> 1) Is the above normal?

I depends on the size of your imap account of course,
as this is a cache for it. So yes, it can be normal if you imap account
is in the same size leaque.

> 2) Can I move/mount /home/user/.local/share/akonadi on my 32 G "MyDocs"
> vfat file system instead? Or will the vfat file system be a problem?

I expect it to be no problem. So you could for sure try.

> 3) http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch suggests I possibly disable
> disconnected mode if the number of emails is high which is likely the case.

Yes, you'll find some discussion about size limits and possible tuning
that we might try already, e.g. see
http://lists.kde.org/?t=129466233300001&r=1&w=2

Best,
Bernhard