Building kdebase-runtime for Maemo

Jeffery MacEachern j.maceachern at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 18:51:15 CET 2011

Hi Bjoern,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 02:47, Bjoern Ricks <bjoern.ricks at intevation.de> wrote:
> Hi Jeffrey,
>
> you are right experimental and testing repos doesn't contain any sources.
> We'll fix this in future of course. But you can find source packages in
> snapshots (trunk repo) and snapshots-tags. Maemo package descriptions can be
> found at http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/komo/packaging/ too.

Good to know, thank you.

> Am Montag 10 Januar 2011 21:23:55 schrieb Jeffery MacEachern:
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I didn't actually get around to this until recently, and it doesn't
>> seem to work. Checking the repositories, this isn't surprising, as
>> [experimental] has no source packages, and [testing] doesn't seem to
>> have any that are current. Is there something I'm missing? If not,
>> could this be rectified? I've been wanting to try writing a KNotify
>> plugin for Maemo, for use with Kontact on the N900, but the last
>> [testing] build did not ship with plugin support.
> I don't know what's necessary to enable plugin support. If you have some more
> details let me know. Sources for the choosen kdebase-runtime version can be
> found at http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/komo/kdebase/runtime/

It looks like the sources were branched off a little while before I
committed that. For some reason it didn't occur to me that this work
would be happening in a branch, and thus the "recent" subversion
revisions numbers in the package left me confused.

Thanks for clarifying,

 - Jeffery MacEachern