Small but effective fixes to stuff in our MeeGo playground

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Feb 27 02:05:51 CET 2011

Hi,

if you look at
https://build.pub.meego.com/project/monitor?project=home%3Amkruisselbrink%3Akde
you will see much more green now, due to some spontaneous hacking I did last
night.
Basically updated polkit-qt to a newer version (0.99) which does not fail on
redefinition of "signal" as happened before in repo meego_current_extras.
Also fixed the kdelibs spec files to explicitely list other rpm packages from
same spec file/obs package as dependency, as there were lib naming clashes
with forks of the kdelibs obs-package like kde-mobile, so libkdecore was
provided by more than one package in the repo.

Just kdebase4-workspace still fails to build for meego_current_extras repo,
did not investigate why.

Also disabled building for the packages kate, kdegraphics4 and kdegames4, as
they are known to fail on build for some time, no need to abuse obs resources
each time a dependency is updated.

Did not coordinate with anyone, hope I did not step on anyone's toe, but then
there seemed to be little activity recently, so I just went ahead this time.

I just wonder why the rpms are not updated in the repo's download section atm,
e.g. http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/mkruisselbrink:/kde/meego_1.1_core/i586/
still only has old rpm packages, even if newer builds succedded. Anyone a
clue?

Martin or anyone, is there a guide how to run Plasma Netbook on a MeeGo
Netbook UX install (think IdeaPad ;) ), best by completely replacing the
current shell?

And what else in happening in MeeKo land in the moment? :) Any plans?

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Desktop Summit 2011 - Berlin, Germany - August 6-12th - www.desktopsummit.org