Switching from qt-experimental to qt-stable for Kontact Touch on Maemo

Bjoern Ricks bjoern.ricks at intevation.de
Thu Feb 10 15:48:37 CET 2011

On Wednesday 02 February 2011 09:19:46 Bjoern Ricks wrote:
> Indeed then we were able to drop the shell script wrappers too.
>
> Currently I am not sure if it's worth and possible to drop the extras-devel
> repo. Yesterday I got stuck at librdf and libiodbc for soprano and after
> some minor changes I could build kdelibs (from komo branch) without
> soprano. I didn't had time yet to look at e.g. kdebase-runtime if it's
> possible to drop the requirement of soprano too.

As a first step I did finally removed the dependency of libqt4-experimental
for kontact touch on maemo. The packages in the snapshots repo are migrated
to the official libqt4 packages now. Please report issues which could be
related to the qt package change. I'll release a new experimental version
based on the official libqt4 version tomorrow too.

As a seconds step it would be nice to straiten the dependencies to get rid of
the extras-devel maemo repo too. E.g. this week somebody uploaded a newand
ugly libattica package which broke the autobuilder for kdebase-runtime :-/
But also removing extras-devel means to drop soprano from kdelibs,
kdebase-runtime, akonadi, kdepimlibs and kdepim(runtime) too. If somebody is
willing to help feel free to contact me and catch up my work.

Regards
Björn
--
Bjoern Ricks |  ++49-541-335083-167  |  http://www.intevation.de/