Switching from qt-experimental to qt-stable for Kontact Touch on Maemo

Bjoern Ricks bjoern.ricks at intevation.de
Wed Feb 2 09:19:46 CET 2011

On Tuesday 01 February 2011 18:31:38 Volker Krause wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 February 2011 14:15:15 Bjoern Ricks wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > currently I am thinking about dropping the need of the extras-devel
> > repository for Kontact Touch on Maemo5. Therefore I have to switch the
> > packages qt packages and use the official ones (from maemo pr1.3) instead
> > of the libqt4-experimental packages. Finally this would also reduce the
> > necessary disk space for Kontact Touch because official qt packages are
> > already installed. Are there any objections against this switch e.g.
> > maybe some major qt bugs in this version?
>
> I guess we won't know until we try ;) I'm not aware of anything specific,
> and of course I like the idea, as a user of Kontact on the N900 :) Would
> also allow us to get rid of the ugly shell-script wrappers to set up the
> library search path.

Indeed then we were able to drop the shell script wrappers too.

Currently I am not sure if it's worth and possible to drop the extras-devel
repo. Yesterday I got stuck at librdf and libiodbc for soprano and after some
minor changes I could build kdelibs (from komo branch) without soprano. I
didn't had time yet to look at e.g. kdebase-runtime if it's possible to drop
the requirement of soprano too.

Regards
Björn