Harmattan Ovi Store and dependencies (seems to be possible)

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Dec 5 15:05:47 UTC 2011

I have some additional comments to my previous explanation. All the
repositories including this "apps" repository can be found inside the
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ folder. You can execute the following command
for checking those out:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/aegis.ssu-keyring-*.list

There will be something like:
deb https://<user>:<pwd>@downloads.maemo.nokia.com/harmattan/apps ./

Those entries might be interesting in our case since we can use them:
"apt-cache search <pkg>" for packages. You can also check
/var/lib/apt/lists and files that have "_Packages" in their name in
order to get a full list.

It is basically a public information for external developers as well.
This is an ordinary Debian repository and you can read the package
lists with "cat" or an editor. Hence, it is technically possible for
third-party applications to pick up dependencies from those
repositories. I will try to document these things on the wikipage as
well.

Hope, it is somewhat clearer now.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

PS.: If Nokia had just put a public and supported Debian repository
for these devices with proper QA (probably manpower bottleneck issue).