Merge of some consolidation stuff and staging on build.pub.meego.com

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Aug 16 18:11:24 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'll extract below the couple of points which sound dangerous to me.

On Monday 15 August 2011 12:48:41 Maurice de la Ferte wrote:
> Here a big picture about
> changes I liked to merge:
>
> - Change OBS package names to upstream repository package names
>   (e.g. kde4-filesystem --> kde-filesystem and kdebase-runtime -->
>    kde-runtime ... ).
> [...]
> - Overhaul kde macro defines in kde4-filesystem and usage in depending
>   packages.

I'm not sure those two are going in the right direction overall. The package
naming, and the use of macros were meant to keep the opensuse packaging and
the meego one as close as possible. The aim being to avoid spreading the
resources thin.

The fact that Plasma Active is currently packaged for both opensuse and meego
is especially telling on the fact that its a valid goal. It's IMHO worth
keeping the delta between both package sets as small as possible, and the
proposed changes deviate from that a lot.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net