Mobile Sprint

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Sep 9 15:34:58 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 15:21, Artur Duque de Souza <asouza at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi Bart!
>
> On Thursday 09 September 2010 08:54:10 Bart Cerneels wrote:
>> KDAB's Berlin office is in Berlin though. Wouldn't it be a lot better
>> to hold the sprint in Dublin? Extra travel within Europe (certainly
>> for Europeans) will make this more difficult to attend and require
>> more of our already precious free/sponsored time.
>>
>> I'm assuming the budget for this is more then we
>> usually spend on sprints (Thanks generous sponsor) perhaps doing it in
>> a hotel in Dublin is a
>> possibility?
>
> That is another possibility. I have no clue if it would be doable in Dublin
> regarding budget and infrastructure (the place to hack). If the board could
> help with that it would be nice. Indeed, instead of changing places it's
> easier to stay at the same. Do you think that we would still be able to have
> like a week of sprint? As we would not change places we could make: 18/11 ->
> 25/11.

There is a hackerspace in the center of Dublin (http://www.tog.ie/) we
might be able to get hosted there. At least one of the "guys in blue"
from Akademy 2006 in Dublin is a member there.

As to dates I propose Thurday 18/11 until Sunday 21/11. Short but
intense. I'm sure most people will want to head home after a whole
week of conference + sprint.

> What do you think?
>
> However I think that having the plan B (Berlin+KDAB) is a good option too in
> case it's too much money to stay in Dublin.

Hotel wise I don't think this will be a problem. Likely the hotels in
Dublin are even cheaper then Berlin. Don't know about hostels. But
normally the longer you stay in a hotel the cheaper it is per day.