New project idea - kde package manager for Mobile

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Oct 15 15:03:00 CEST 2010

Laszlo,

Am Freitag, 15. Oktober 2010 14:05:42 schrieb Laszlo Papp:
> PackageKit is not that was I think it is good. It depends on too much
> libraries unneccesarily and if you liked to have a pure Qt (or KDE)
> frontend I do not think it needs to
> depend on those libraries. The main point is that I would not like to
> have a pluggable package manager, just really a very easy one for fun
>
> :=)

I believe most people have thrown their view in
to make sure that using the existing solutions have been considered
very seriously. Of course it is perfectly nice to try to write something
better or something just for the fun or the heck of it. :)

> I mentioned above I would like to create a really easy, just for Meego
> and rpm, nothing more and just for fun.

I've heard that first Meego handset releases could actually be relabled Maemo
variants, which still have .deb package underneath. But again:
If you have a vision for a nice package manager and it is fun for you to
write: Just go for it! (And thanks for keeping us in the loop. ;) )

Best,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.