newbie questions

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:41:47 CEST 2010

On Monday 04 October 2010, Kevin Ottens wrote:

> There's also the possibility to use a symlink from the sysroot home to your
> real home, which seems to do the trick if you build everything yourself.
> But that's merely a hack and could perfectly break any time.
>
> For more information, it's all documented on techbase:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Mobile/MADDE

I did build some KDE pieces in the past following that page and seemed to
succeed.
couldn't test tough as lack of devices, so the result could have been complete
unrunnable junk i don't know ;)
a thing that needs to be done iirc is to manually extract the maemo packags of
some of the dependencies in the madde environment. kinda ugly but does work.

Cheers,
Marco Martin