newbie questions

Juan Carlos Torres jucato at kdemail.net
Mon Oct 4 05:33:05 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Artur de Souza <asouza at kde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Chani <chanika at gmail.com>:
> > google tells me "Nokia has also confirmed that the merged MeeGo operating
> > system will not be made available in an official capacity for the N900"
> > but I also see some links for installing meego on the n900.
>
> MeeGo will not be a supported platform for the n900 and all the
> images, videos and everything else that you see regarding MeeGo + n900
> is done by the community..

This is a bit confusing. I was told on the #meego IRC channel
that the N900 is a reference device for MeeGo (Handset UX)
at least until MeeGo 1.2 (iirc). That sounds to me that the N900
is a supported platform.

Is there a way we can clarify this once and for all?

--
Regards,

Juan Carlos Torres
Jucato