newbie questions

Artur de Souza asouza at kde.org
Sun Oct 3 16:57:29 CEST 2010

Quoting Chani <chanika at gmail.com>:
> google tells me "Nokia has also confirmed that the merged MeeGo operating
> system will not be made available in an official capacity for the N900"
> but I also see some links for installing meego on the n900.

MeeGo will not be a supported platform for the n900 and all the
images, videos and everything else that you see regarding MeeGo + n900
is done by the community..

> d'you think it's a good or bad idea to try installing meego on my n900?
> what do you guys use for trying/developing meego?

Well, depends...how is your mood? :) Most of the stuff may not
properly work like the speakers and the phone network (but I think
that wlan works...not sure though).

> as for maemo, are you still on the old scratchbox dev. environment? (god that
> thing was a pain)
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Mobile/MaemoVM was last updated in *may* so
> I'm not sure if it's out of date :)

Still the old scratchbox...