Status of MeeGo packaging of kdenetwork, kdesdk, kdeutils

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:21:06 CET 2010

On Monday 29 November 2010, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so while none of these programs/plugins is designed for smaller
> touch-enabled screens, perhaps one or the other is still helpful now and

well, don't forget the netbook target ;)
(and i still think an almost proper desktop target kinda makes sense)

> then, so here an update of what is currently packaged and tested to work
> from
> 	kdenetwork, kdesdk, kdeutils,
> so you know you can install it if in need:

great, you rock :D

to give an update also to what i'm doing,
* in the meantime i managed to fix kdebase-runtime for arm,
kdebase-workspace, plasma-addons, plasma-mobile.

* workspace builds almost cleanly (had to disable the pci module of
kinfocenter)
however kdm doesn't seem to work, on both the lenovo and the n900 it doesn't
seem to be able to correctly authenticate the user, no idea what this could
be.

* i'm going to patch the arm version of kdebase-workspace with an experimental
kin patch that should enable compositing with opengl es2

* trying now to give  crack to kdeedu and kdegrapics
in kdeedu there is still a ton of apps that use qt3/kde3 support it seems, so
most of it is disabled (and will have to be enabled piece by piece while
things are being fixed)
in kdegraphics, gwenview seems to need a file from nepomuk that oddly is not
installed by kdelibs (deprecated that one too?)  nepomuk/global.h

* after this is settled i think kdegames should be there too, i can give a
spin.

* oh, and by the way, we should really find a way to involve ore maintainers
to make this thing actually sustainable ;)

Cheers,
Marco Martin