Feedback about Breadcrumb Navigation stuff.

nuno pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Sun Aug 29 19:17:47 CEST 2010

On Sunday 29 August 2010 17:46:20 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> > so the challenge is to do something that conveys more information in a
> > single screen, -but- at the same time doesn't add too much visual
> > clutter.
> >
> > I'll try to randomly hack around the stand alone example and see if my
> > ideas kinda work or not.
>
> this is a quick try:
> http://imagebin.ca/view/VzGPaWVS.html
> it's very quick and dirty, but gives the idea.
> basically the concepts are:
> * Home is a different thing: maybe a pushbutton looks heavy, but needs
> to anyways look different in some way
> * the breadcrumb item needs some clue to "go back", "go up", whatever
> better represent its action
> * the leaf items look more "childs" of the current folder
>
> Cheers,
> Marco Martin

all of this litle visual hints can be done via animations, the visual allways
visible hints will stay for ever long before the user as undrstand how it
works, and contribute to visual cluter.

for example if we populate the folders and contents showing the way you can
interact with them there is no need for explecit imagery for them... it is
very very easy to create clured interfaces for this devices specialy since all
the development is done in a twice as big screen, that looks more clean, as
soon as you put it on the device ......its looks like a millions unallignd
butons and that is alot more scary...

--
oxygen guy, "I make the pretty pictures"