BoF session at the MeeGo conference

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Fri Aug 27 21:43:22 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 16:54, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
> 2010/8/27 Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org>:

>>> It seems like Volkers talk proposal [1] offers most of what I had in
>>> mind though I'll let him confirm.
>>
>> yep, looks like we had very similar ideas here :)
>>
>>> The question is, should we follow this up with a BoF as an extended
>>> Q&A session, brainstorming about more/better ways to reuse our code,
>>> etc.
>>
>> I guess we have much more to talk about than one could possible squeeze into a
>> 30 minute talk slot.
>>
>> regards
>> Volker
>

> So I'll do a proposal for a BoF session that I'll host with some vague
> but interesting title and summery. Is anyone willing to be my backup,
> because I'm not 100% sure yet I can actually make it to the
> conference.
>
> Bart

And here it is:
http://conference2010.meego.com/session/bof-developing-meego-interface-your-desktop-app

As you can see I'm "inviting" KDE mobile developers to share their
experience. You can see this as an extended Q&A session for your own
talks.
If you're game, please tell me so I can add you as a co-presenter
(this might serve as a backup if your main talk is not accepted). I'll
(attempt to) play BoF leader and steer the discussions. Depending on
the turn-out we could levitate to a discussion about KDE's MeeGo UX
(see [1]) or a wider think with other Qt developers not from our
community.

Bart

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-mobile/2010-August/000089.html