Feedback about Breadcrumb Navigation stuff.

Stephen Kelly stephen at kdab.com
Fri Aug 27 17:36:18 CEST 2010

The feedback is based on an old video. I didn't have time to make a new video
yet, but here is a screenshot of how it looks today.

http://officespace.kdab.com/~stephen/kmail-mobile-navigation.png

Aaron, Bart, any feedback on the latest incarnation?

All the best,

Steve.

<Stecchino> steveire: I just read your MeeGo summit proposal. Very
interesting. I can't believe I missed you blog post about it
<aseigo> Stecchino: which blog post?
<Stecchino> aseigo: http://steveire.wordpress.com/2010/05/05/navigating-a-
qabstractitemmodel-tree-in-a-qml-view/
<Stecchino> It's almost exactly what I have in mind for Amarok
<aseigo> Stecchino: ah, yeah that one
<aseigo> steveire: btw, the only thing in that video that was a bit confusing
visually is that all the entries look the same, regardless if they are "up" or
"down" in the hierarchy
<aseigo> steveire: i assumed that eventually you'd be making some
differentiation (e.g. making the "up" items a bit smaller, different background
and/or foreground treatment, etc)
<aseigo> steveire: but the interaction is pretty good for a space constrained
device imo :)
<aseigo> steveire: non-trivial work put into it, too :)
<Stecchino> I created a similar selection UI way back in the greenphone days.
Pure GraphicsView.
<Stecchino>
http://users.telenet.be/shanachie/files/amarokmobile/amarokmobile_selectionui.mpg
<Stecchino> I made the breadcrumb items smaller to make them visually different
<Stecchino> I would make the breadcrumb navigatable using swipes so the items
don't have to be the same size as the ones from the selection list

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer