[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Bugs and comments

sascha.teichmann at intevation.de sascha.teichmann at intevation.de
Mon Jan 3 16:26:42 CET 2011

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 2. Januar 2011 19:58:34 schrieb Dominic Lyons:
> Hello and a Happy New Year!
>
> I've tried Kontact Touch the last few days and played around a bit. Thank
> you! I really like the Kontact Touch applications and I'm impressed about
> the elegant solutions you found to make them usable on mobile devices!

Thank you for trying it out.

> [...]
> this I can type in a name but after that nothing happens.
>
> 4) KDE Calendar: it  doesn't seem possible to show all calendars, all
> calendars of a folder or a selection of calenders at once. This can be a
> bit awkward. For example if you have got a private calendar an one (ore
> more) for business it is very easy to make a business meeting although aunt
> Maggy has invited you for her birthday at that time... (or the other way
> round of course)
>
> 5) KDE Calendar: "date selector" (I don't know how it's really called):
>    * shows OK grayed out although it's - luckily! - cklickable
>    * changing month or year using a gesture is a good idea - but you have
> to find out how it works first ;-) Small arrows could make it easier to
> give a hint how it works
>    * the day/month/year field could also work as input field. And it would
> be nice if the arrow keys could be used, too
>    * the day/month/year field gesture menu could work as some kind of
> "circular" menu. For example it's easier to go once up to come from 1st to
> 31st instead of scrolling down. If the 31st is not available for a month it
> should be colored (but choosable as most users will adjust the day before
> changing he month)
>    * the calendar preview doesn't respect the setting about the the week
> starting day (Monday/Sunday)
>    * the calendar preview could be "scrollable", for example scoll up down
> for last/next month and maybe even right/left for last/next year
>    * the calendar preview isn't refreshed after selecting a new date using
> the fields on the right hands side. To get a refreshed preview I have to
> tap on the edited field again. If I've edited the month and the year and
> only tap on the year the preview only shows the selected year but the wrong
> month.
>
> 6) KDE Calendar: The "time selector" has the similar problems t the date
> selector
>
> 7) The timeline shows only a black area. I guess the timeline isn't ment to
> use yet...
>
> 8) The action concept is very powerfull and I reallx enjoy using it. But
> there a a few moments I wish there were some kind of "shortcuts". For
> example if you open a mail there are a few "typical actions:
>    * reply/reply to all
> Maybe it's possible to show an overlay button just like the one to show the
> next mail.
>
> 9) Sometimes a context menu as the "normal" maemo apps have (tap and hold
> for a while) would be a nice extension to the pull  and select model of
> Kontact Touch. The mail list view for example would be a good candidate for
> this.
>
> I'm very sorry for this long mail! I wasn't sure if I should post most of
> the above on th KDE bug tracker, but I could't find a given "application
> tag". I guess kde-pim would be a bit too general.
>
> Thanks for your efforts on Kontact Touch and best regards,

We will go these issues and weigh them. You can help us by creating
bugs.kde.org entries under "Product: KDE PIM Mobile".

Kind regards,

  Sascha L. Teichmann

--
teichmann at intevation.de - http://intevation.de
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrueck - Register: Amtsgericht Osnabrueck, HR B 18998