[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Maemo/N900: KMail Touch very slow and unresponsive

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Feb 21 09:57:21 CET 2011

Yuen Hoe, Frederik,

first thanks for trying and writing up your feedback,
this is highly appreciated.

Am Freitag, 18. Februar 2011 19:10:29 schrieb Yuen Hoe Lim:
> I've recently also installed Kontact Touch on n900 and am also seeing this.
> On the other hand, testing it with another,  much smaller, account, it
> works far more responsively.

> 2011/2/19 Frederik Vogelsang <frederik.vogelsang at googlemail.com>
> > I just gave KMail Touch a try (the experimental version) and I am very
> > impressed by the UI and general look and feel. However I am suffering
> > from severe performance problems. This is my setup:
> >
> > 1. N900 with latest software updates
> > 2. Kontact Touch from experimental repositories
> > 3. One single GMail IMAP account configured in KMail (I have about 1,6GB
> > of messages in my INBOX and 5 IMAP folders).

I believe that you and others like Eike and Jan-Oliver suffer
from a situation where the setup is not tuned enough for the size
of the account.

When using the wizard, did you configure "IMAP Server" or "Kolab Server"?

See my post to the development list [1] for at least one setup issue
with large accounts. Currently configuration is not so easy to change, though.
If you had a remote akonadiconsole which you can attach, it is fairly easy to
try some setups, otherwise it is a pain to change on the device right now.

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-maemo&m=129466231226589&w=2

Best,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.