[Kde-mobile-users] New unstable release

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Sun Sep 26 17:52:40 CEST 2010

Am Tuesday 21 September 2010 schrieb Bjoern Ricks:
> Hi,
>
> we are happy to announce a new unstable release of Kontact Mobile. This
> version got a lot of testing and improvements. It's still in a beta quality
> and misses some features but this version is much faster and responsible
> then the last unstable version. We did close more then 50 issues and
> implemented many new features. Memory consumption was reduced at several
> places. The default akonadi database backend for Kontact Mobile is now
> sqlite3. Startup time should be much faster after the first initial setup
> then before.

I did the upgrade procedure twice (to get rid of the broken symbols thing that
Jefferey reported also) and then tried to set up everything. I moved my old
configuration out of the way before upgrading and only copied my
emailidentities file back in before starting over.

Account setup was working as expected this time. But now I have no email
showing up in any email folder. It's not like the one I reported a while back
where opening a folder would take some amount of time related to the amount of
messages in there. Every folder comes up with the same speed and is empty. The
folder hierarchy is complete and correct so there is indeed a connection to my
mail server. I'm also sure there is one because KMail kept asking me for my
SSL certificate. Sending mails works flawlessly.

Eike