[Kde-mobile-users] What is state of Kontact Mobile

Björn Balazs b at lazs.de
Fri Jun 25 23:00:05 CEST 2010

Thank you all for joining this mailinglist!

I would like to take the chance to give you some feedback about what we do and
where we are in the project, from the perspective of a user at this moment.

We have been fighting some nasty bugs in the last weeks - some more than we
have wished. So we are a little late with the project and there actually is no
really usable version yet.

We hope to get a functional version in the upcoming week - but still this
version lacks a lot on the usability front, which makes it hard to test in
great detail. We will hopefully have time to do major usability improvements
after Akademy.

What does this mean for you?
For the very brave: you can test-drive what you find NEXT WEEK in unstable
branch (see http://files.kolab.org/local/maemo/README.html for instructions).

At this time we are mainly interested in bugs you run into (please report to
bugs.kde.org - there are categories for the mobile apps, please make use of
them!).

On the usage perspective we are interested how you like the idea behind the
MAIN interaction, e.g.

- How do you like the navigational concept?
- How do you like the contextual actions in what we call flaps?

It makes no sense to comment in much greater details at this moment, as we
will be changing and polishing a lot of the contextual stuff within the next
weeks.

Once we have a more polished version, we will be announce this on the list
here, and we will then provide more structured ways for collecting your
feedback.

Cheers,
Björn