[Kde-mobile-users] N900 Re: Looking forward to test it

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jun 8 18:12:51 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag, 8. Juni 2010 18:07:04 schrieb Rolf Offermanns:
> Ah, no risk, no fun. :)
> A few notes:
>
> Following the instructions in the repositories README.html, I get a gpg
> signature error:
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> W: GPG error: http://files.kolab.org fremantle Release: The following
> signatures were invalid: BADSIG 7CBD620BEC70B1B8 Intevation File
> Distribution Key <distribution-key at intevation.de> W: You may want to run
> apt-get update to correct these problems

A known problem. The signature creating sometimes breaks.

> I tried both described ways of adding the key. For the wget way I needed to
> add "--no-check-certificate" to the commandline, otherwise it did not
> connect.
>
> I am currently installing...
>
> Question: Do you think the qt update will break existing N900
> (extras/-devel) apps?

I don't think it will break other stuff, at least the ones I've tried did all
work. You might get a space problem when trying to update other application ,
but this is a general issue on N900 and wiki.maemo.org has a bit about it..

Seriously, if you are testing on this level, please join the development list.
We appreciate any feedback of course, you just have to aware that it is alpha
software currently and we are really beating it.

Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.