[Kde-mobile-users] Looking forward to test it

Rolf Offermanns rolf.offermanns at gmx.net
Tue Jun 8 18:07:04 CEST 2010

On 06/08/2010 05:32 PM, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 8. Juni 2010 17:05:56 schrieb Rolf Offermanns:
>> I own a N900 and I am really looking forward to see Kontact on it.
>> Will you announce the availability of the packages here?
>
> Yes, we will announce the availablity of the packages here.
> I guess that we will also find a nice place in one of the wikis
> so there are always the latest hints for one revision.
>
> WARNING, developer class information:
> As we (Intevation, g10code, KDAB) are used to develop our Free Software
> products in the open, you are already able to get all the code and even
> binaries. However they might eat your data, your phone, everything, no
> guarantee whatsoever. So alpha versions and the version we most likely
> will demonstrate on GNU/Linuxtag starting tomorrow can be right now aquired
> from the experimental branch of http://files.kolab.org/local/maemo/
> But you better ask on  the developer's list kde-mobile at kde.org
> or on IRC before getting yourself into trouble.  :)

Ah, no risk, no fun. :)
A few notes:

Following the instructions in the repositories README.html, I get a gpg signature error:

Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://files.kolab.org fremantle Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG 7CBD620BEC70B1B8 Intevation File Distribution Key <distribution-key at intevation.de>

I tried both described ways of adding the key. For the wget way I needed to add "--no-check-certificate" to the commandline, otherwise it did not connect.

I am currently installing...

Question: Do you think the qt update will break existing N900 (extras/-devel) apps?

-Rolf