[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Experiences

JP Horst jphorst at sciencebridge.de
Fri Dec 17 14:31:35 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2010, um 11:41:19 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

> > It turns out, the bigger part of the rapid battery drain is caused by the
> > active openvpn connection.
>
> Note that for Kolab and Kontact Touch all connections are secure by default,
> so a VPN is unnecessary. SSL or TLS is used for IMAP, HTTP and SMTP for
> example.

Vpn is needed to get through the firewall to the Kolab server.

> > > Are you already using it with your production data? Are you using
> > > end-to-end email security like OpenPGP or S/MIME?
> >
> > I copied my .gnupg to /home/user and changed the owner to user.
>
> Ah, thanks for reminding me about the owner change that sometimes is
> necessary. I've added it to the wiki,
> http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Mobile/Maemo5#Get_encryption_working
>
> > gpg --list keys as user on the shell lists all the keys as expected.
> > Kontact however does not find the keys (if I want to set my key under
> > identities). Click on Certificate Manager produces error "Could not start
> > certificate manager; please check your installation". Pggui by the way also
> > does not see the keys.
> > Do the keyrings need to be at a different place or have different access
> > rights?
>
> You have to install the "kleopatra" package, I guess.

I installed kleopatra additionally and it lists my keys. Configuration of Kleopatra is very difficult, since the configuration screen is much wider than the physical screen. Especially within the gnupg setup texts are cutoff in the right subwindow.

.gnupg in /home/user is owned by user/users and writable by user.
Kmail however still does not offer any keys for selection within identity nor does it decrypt.

Best regards,
Jens-Peter