[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Experiences

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Thu Dec 9 10:58:08 CET 2010

> Criticism: The power consumption / CPU load of the software is really
> high. With KMail open my N900 hardly last the 8-12h of one workday. When
> travelling (and this would be the main scenario of use) this is really a
> critical aspect.

Are you using WLAN at work? Both WLAN and GPS drain your batteries really
fast (like once a day), this has nothing to do with kontact.

> Upgrading: As far as I now the application (Testing repository) did not
> apply any upgrade within the last maybe two weeks through the standard
> softwaremanager. Is there a separate upgrade approach or were there simply
> no changes lately?

There was nothing. Is upgrading using the software manager fixed? I only
use it to get notified about packages, I install new kontact packages
always from commandline.

Eike