[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Wanted: Help us to let Kontact Mobile stand the real world test

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Dec 3 15:16:24 CET 2010

On Friday 03 December 2010 12:32:29 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> -whenever I pressed backspace the next entered letter would be uppercase,
> even in the middle of the word

Sounds like a qt defect to me.
(You could try to play with your general settings for text input of
the device.)

> -sending did not work (might be my fault at setup, don't know). I got a
> notice in the N900 "systray" but it was hidden too fast to know what
> exactly went wrong. Then i tried that "arrange windows" and I saw the
> message. Clicking on it would always make it go away so I never got a
> chance to actually see what went wrong. This is mainly a problem of the
> Maemo window manager or something, but just to note: these error messages
> are more or less unusable as one can't read whatever is in there. At least
> I cannot.

You are supposed to see the message when you read the emails in the outbox
folder (at the top). Sometimes this does not work right, though.
(Which is a known problem.)
Also we have fixed some more error message when sending emails
for upcoming versions.

> -it would be extremely handy to get an import option on first startup to
> just copy the settings from the default Maemo mailer. Also it would be
> cool to get akonadi resources for the phonebook of the device as well as
> the calendar.

I agree that it would be handy. It is not on our list of things to do,
though. We do have a contract to target the HTC Touch Pro2 (with CE 5 on it)
and we did use the N900 as a testing device. Our main efforts thus went
into making the cross platform parts work, this of course leaves a lot
of platform integration to wish for. :)

(However want to help, jump on the mobile@ or kde-pim@ lists and go at it. ;)
)

Bernhard

Deputy Germany Coordinator: fsfeurope.org. Coordinator: Kolab-Konsortium.com.
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, Osnabrück, DE; AG Osnabrück, HRB 18998