[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Wanted: Help us to let Kontact Mobile stand the real world test

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Fri Dec 3 12:32:29 CET 2010

> On Thursday 02 December 2010 18:48:11 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
>> >
>> > We are really interested in the backtrace.
>> > (Install gdb, kdepim-dbg, set the path according to kmail-mobile.sh
>> > and then run kmail-mobile with gdb.)
>>
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of
>> 'Akonadi::PayloadException'
>>  what(): Akonadi::PayloadException: No payload set
>
> Maybe someone from the akonadi-devs already has an idea on this one.
>
>> More I currently can't tell you because gdb thinks the stack is
>> corrupted
>> as two frames are the same.
>
> Ah, this could mean that you are missing some symbols.
> Can you try adding the akonadi-dbg package?
> Is it the kmail-mobile frondend crashing, or the backend?

I'll do later today. I think it's usually the frontend crashing as the
KMail window closes and the akonadi stuff seems to be still running and
downloading my mails.

I played a bit more with this and found some more bugs so noone gets bored ;)

I tried to answer a mail in my inbox.

-whenever I pressed backspace the next entered letter would be uppercase,
even in the middle of the word

-sending did not work (might be my fault at setup, don't know). I got a
notice in the N900 "systray" but it was hidden too fast to know what
exactly went wrong. Then i tried that "arrange windows" and I saw the
message. Clicking on it would always make it go away so I never got a
chance to actually see what went wrong. This is mainly a problem of the
Maemo window manager or something, but just to note: these error messages
are more or less unusable as one can't read whatever is in there. At least
I cannot.

-so I saved the mail as draft, then wanted to send it with the default
Maemo mailer. It was saved in the local drafts folder, which is ok (just
not accessible by the Maemo mailer). And now the next problems began :/

-fired up KMail again, went to local folders. I have all those folders
twice, once with their English name and once with the localized German
one. I really hope that they are not stored on the device with their
localized names. Just think of a user first installing komo and later the
localization. He would get everything duplicated and must collect his
things. Then he switches the localization (from de to nds or something
*g*) and would get a third incarnation of every folder...

-ok, I tried to open the mail in the drafts folder. I got a message that
the draft can't be loaded. In the switch windows I nevertheless saw a mail
window with the message. Clicking on this made the window just close so
now the mail really was lost. Wasn't important anyway so no problem for
me, but definitely must be fixed.

-it would be extremely handy to get an import option on first startup to
just copy the settings from the default Maemo mailer. Also it would be
cool to get akonadi resources for the phonebook of the device as well as
the calendar.

Ok, this should keep you busy until I get a better backtrace ;)

Eike