[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Wanted: Help us to let Kontact Mobile stand the real world test

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Wed Dec 1 13:54:47 CET 2010

> Eike,
>
> Am Freitag, 12. November 2010 15:54:06 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
>> >
>> > Once I've got a crash when going to my inbox folder.
>> > Could it be related to the contents of the folder?
>>
>> No idea. Since it currently doesn't do any further synchronization so
>> all
>> sub- folders are empty I can't tell.
>
> I got one idea that could obstruct your experience,
> try to search for files that are owned by root in your home directory
> on the device.
>
> find -user root
>
> Another thing is that we improved the current revisions as well and also
> the instructions at http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Mobile a bit.

Too late I guess. I saw the updated packages yesterday evening and did an
upgrade. Before that I removed .config/akonadi, .local/share/akonadi and
.kde. Now I see the mails on the folders I can go into. But KMail nearly
always crashes when I go into the second hierarchy level below inbox. But
the message count is correct and the folders I can see have the proper
contents.

I just wonder why .gnupg is owned by root. Easily to fix, anyway.

Eike