[Kde-mobile-users] New packages released in unstable

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Sun Aug 22 21:25:15 CEST 2010

Am Sunday 22 August 2010 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> Hi Rolf,
>
> On Sunday 22 August 2010 19:37:08 Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> > I once again cleaned my config as it didn't work last time anyway (rm -rf
> > ~/.config/akonadi ~/.kde).
>
> you are missing an important step -- see the wiki,
> but I guess that if you've upgraded afterwards the necessary kwallet
> script will have been run in this particular time.

I first deleted the config and then did the upgrade so the post-install script
should have run.

> > Upgrade. Started KMail. Still no
> > first-time-wizard.
>
> I am not sure if we are going to implement one,
> but we'll have to consider it.
> The recommended way right now is to start the Kontact-Mobile Mail
> application, go to Actions -> Accounts -> Add Account.

If any of the actions would do anything I had done this. I know this from the
last tries, but there at least the actions worked.

> > Background is nice dotted instead of plain white. Any
> > reason not to look like the other native applications here?
>
> I don't know what the reason for going black on white here is.
> Often black on white is better to read (the webbrowser also uses it).
> We will change the background images again as they are still to obstructive
> for reading.

Don't get me wrong: I don't have any problem with that colors. Usually KDE
software tries to adapt to the rest of the environment what is not done here.
So this is just an observation, no request for any action.

> > Actions-menu is now much wider. Most entries are red (I assume that the
> > actions behind them are missing or whatever). The other ones don't do
> > anything, too.
>
> Yes, some menu items are not implemented yet,
> but many of the non-red ones should work.

None works.

> > If I click e.g. on "Application" there are 3 entries (bottom aligned).
> > There are nevertheless three "button slots" above them that sometimes
> > have a slight blue border, although they do nothing.
>
> In Kontact-Mobile mail in Actions -> Applications I have
> "Quit" on top over "Switch Windows" and it both works for me.
> So maybe we are missing some dependency here and I have it installed
> and you don't.

There are "search_mail" (red), "configure" (red) and About (does nothing).

> > Am I under a dark spell so this never works for me?
>
> I think you've mentioned that you were using the simulator, maybe
> there are some font differences to the phone itself.
> If you are using the phone and you feel like it, you could send me the list
> of installed debian packages and I could compare it with mine.

I'm not using the emulator. That was only the very first try, my phone arrived
the day later.

> Once you get the application configured and wait through the initial
> length of sync and other stuff, many functions should work (though some
> are a bit slow).

If it would do anything at all...

Since I can't setup anything I still can click on "New Message". That leads to
"file:///opt/maemo/usr/share/kde4/apps/kmail-mobile/kmail-composer.qml:23:1_
module "org.kde.messagecomposer" is not installed.