D10415: Fix realDpi function for Mac

Sergio Bragin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 11 15:43:28 UTC 2018

sbragin added a comment.

  In D10415#204428 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10415#204428>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > Did you verify the actual size at which elements are shown? If so maybe you can your test document and protocol so I can verify this on 10.9 (and maybe have it verified on 10.13 by one of my users)?

  So, I just created a simple app, and tested the part of the code in question only. The behavior for the Qt part was the same as in Linux. I also wrote a sample, which uses methods from Apple frameworks only (CGDisplayScreenSize and CGDisplayBounds), it gave the same result as the Qt code

  In D10415#204464 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10415#204464>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > >   I agree that your patch is the minimal way to have Okular compiled on Mac.
  >
  > Not just that, it should result in the same code being used, with just the old code being included as inaccessible "junk DNA". No?
  >
  > Evidently that's not a proper fix for upstream inclusion.

  Sorry, I didn't quite get what you mean. Your patch just makes realDpiX and realDpiY global, but the rest is the same. Am I missing something?

  >> (e.g., if the user doesn't set the resolution to 720p instead of native 1080p; of course, not many people would like to do that).
  >
  > Not on a regular screen, no. Maybe the effects are less "in your face" on a Retina screen, but why would you do it (except when running some old video game or similar)?

  It was just testing, nothing more. You never know, what a user decides to do.

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

BRANCH
  master