D10415: Fix realDpi function for Mac

Sergio Bragin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 11 14:53:42 UTC 2018

sbragin added a comment.

  In D10415#204428 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10415#204428>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > Do we agree that my patch is the minimum way of achieving the same thing your patch does? Not that I want to be lazy, but if it is I can already confirm that I have not noticed any issues with using the standard Utils::realDPI function.

  I agree that your patch is the minimal way to have Okular compiled on Mac. Initially, I had implemented an analogous remedy, when I had first encountered this bug (by the way, the bug was introduced with commit f42a3ba <https://phabricator.kde.org/R223:f42a3bad65200267cfe04cf584c203e70a3a6ec0> more than two years ago (!)). But before opening this issue here, I found some time to actally test the old code a bit. So, the existing code is outdated and not ensured to be supported on later versions of Mac. At the current moment, it should give (almost) the same result as the "new" one, if the user doesn't have some weird display settings (e.g., if the user doesn't set the resolution to 720p instead of native 1080p; of course, not many people would like to do that). The "new" one works fine and eliminates the necessity of having separate parts for Mac and non-Mac. But of course, I am not in charge to decide whether the old code should be kept or not.

  > Edit: wait, is that actually you? =]

  We discussed the option of submitting patches to Okular into upstream the other day.

REPOSITORY
  R223 Okular

BRANCH
  master