platform theme tinkering on Mac (to anyone doing/using KF5 builds on Mac)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:06:20 UTC 2017

On Thursday January 19 2017 18:05:26 René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> There are a few build options, but the one you'll want to activate is OVERRIDE_NATIVE_THEME .

Without that you'll have to set QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=kde in the environment.

I just managed to build the plugin against a stock Qt 5.8.0RC. There are some warnings due to using KF5 frameworks built against my own Qt 5 and evidently it finds my kdeglobals file because KConfig uses my patched QStandardPath methds.
But on the whole it works as expected. Yay :)