platform theme tinkering on Mac (to anyone doing/using KF5 builds on Mac)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:05:26 UTC 2017

Hello!

I know we don't have strictly identical ideas on how KF5 applications should look on Mac. Still, I think it might amuse some of you to check out a platform theme plugin that allows applications to use the different font "roles" and default colour and icon palettes -- provided it works with a stock Qt5 and comes with appropriate "native" default settings?

That should now be the case with my osx-integration project:

https://commits.kde.org/scratch/rjvbb/osx-integration

There are a few build options, but the one you'll want to activate is OVERRIDE_NATIVE_THEME .

I've never yet made the effort of rebuilding all KF5 frameworks against a stock Qt5 and see how that works out (and where kdeglobals is expected, but it shouldn't be required anyway). If you have some time to build this small plugin give me some constructive feedback I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, and "enjoy"!