[KDE/Mac] kde-mac Digest, Vol 76, Issue 7

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Thu Mar 31 22:59:26 UTC 2016

Hi René,

Let me start with the good news, then I'll answer your questions. With
your latest push I managed to build both qt5-kde-x11 and qt5-kde-devel.
 There were just a couple of trivial hitches that need attention:

1. The cairo portfile applied the patch
patch-src-cairo-tor-scan-converter.c.diff which seems already to be
applied in the downloaded source. I just got rid of it.

2. The qt5-kde-devel portfile called wget with some fancy arguments
about how to display the download progress that my vanilla wget didn't
like. I just removed those arguments.

Now I just need to figure out what I can do with these ports. But I'm
away from home for a few more days so won't get onto that until next week.

>>> Failed to parse file aqua/qt5-kde-devel/Portfile: could not read
>>> "/opt/local/libexec/qt5/plugins": no such file or directory
>
> Can you have a look at the qt5-kde-devel logfile please, to see if
> you can figure out what operation in the Portfile triggers that
> error?

I'm afraid I can't access my home computer right now (wake on LAN seems
not to be working :/ ) but I'm guessing that since you have solved the
problem you no longer need this information?

> Was it clear from the README and previous explanations that you need
> to copy /opt/local/site-ports/_resources/port1.0/group/qt5-*1.0.tcl
> into the equivalent _resources directory under
> /opt/local/var/macports/sources?

I wouldn't say it was clear to me, but that is probably because I am
unfamiliar with Macports. Googling 'Portgroup definitions' reveals that
'PortGroups are simply include files for portfiles.' followed by pages
of information about what you can put in them but nothing that really
tells me what that is all good for in practice, and in particular how I
would know whether I want Portgroup definitions to apply to all ports.
So when I saw that paragraph I ended up ignoring and then forgetting it.
My mistake, though a little more guidance wouldn't go astray, even just
something about how to recognise whether you need those definitions to
apply to all ports.

Thanks once again for all the help.

Cheers,
Jonathan