[KDE/Mac] new year's resolution: opening files "the Mac way" (TM)

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Tue Jan 5 14:01:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

> I was experimenting with our 2 different approaches to implement this in kate4
> yesterday. Somehow, after implementing KateApp::eventFilter() I kept seeing
> events being delivered to that function after commenting out the corresponding
> installEventFilter() call. That's with a KApplication::eventFilter() function
> in place, but non-virtual so it should be called instead of
> KateApp::eventFilter when that function is not installed.
>
> Have you checked whether `installEventFilter(this)` is redundant?
I think the difference is that in Kate4 KateApp inherits from *Application,
in Kate5 it is just a simple QObject.

Therefore I do there not installEventFilter(this) but installEventFilter(qApp)
and qApp != this.

For 4 I guess it is easiest to implement ::event like e.g described here:

http://www.qtforum.org/article/23098/how-to-make-my-app-open-a-doc-by-dd-or-doubleclick-on-a-mac.html

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com