[KDE/Mac] "offending" menu items

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 22:11:29 UTC 2016

Hi again,

Remember those 2 menu items that caused repeating error messages on the terminal? Turns out that whatever it is that causes it exactly can in fact make the application crash (I saw that with Konsole), but I also found a workaround.
Someone could have told me that this kind of action isn't added to menus explicitly in the source code, but through an rc file. No wonder I couldn't find the lines to disable in C++ code :)

So rather than disabling the Bookmarks and Clipboard History menus altogether in KTextEditor, one can decide not to put them into the context menu in katepart5ui.rc . This approach proved successful with konsole, I'm not yet sure it will too with KTextEditor (first impression is no, but that doesn't seem to make sense).

I'll leave it to you and/or other KTextEditor/Kate maintainers to decide if this is indeed a workaround, an acceptable one, if either or both of these actions would be better in the context menu and not in the main menubar, and of course how to deploy it.